Sunday, October 21, 2012

Detox.

My house was clean 4 hours ago. Like scrubbed corners of the kitchen floor, swept cobwebs, and threw out 3 bags of trash kind of clean. Now? Not so much. Oddly enough, I'm glad it looks like it does. Sticky floor under the table, frosting on a cabinet, 2 more bags of trash, and toys everywhere. Nonetheless, I'm so completely content with it all right now.

Tonight my babies are another birthday older. Tonight I realized calling Loralai a toddler is no longer acceptable, she's now a little girl. Tonight I realized just how much my little family is growing, and how far my bigger family has come. Tonight feels like a rapid detox, difficult yet unbelievably refreshing.

It's the feeling of realizing just how much every single person who came tonight fits in so well with exactly what I need and want for my children. The strength of my father, the whimsical demeanor my mother doesn't show often enough, the unity that my oldest brother has come to possess in the last few years, and the backing of all of them put together. It's humbling, truly, how much they all give to make every person a part of this family; of my family. Not to mention the wonderful person that somehow found me in this big, bad world that I now get to curl up next to every night. My family is amazing and wonderful, every single part of it.

Short post tonight, its been a long weekend and I've got a lot to get done still before Thursday gets here. Surgery is scheduled for 3ish, check in is at 2. I'll keep everyone posted but don't expect any coherence on Friday. I'm likely to be sleeping the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment